Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mackay Beach Horse Races. Applications for 2024 are now open!
We’re looking for a diverse group of great people: grey nomads, backpackers, locals - all are welcome to apply!
Our valued volunteers each receive:
- A Mackay Beach Horse Races weekend pass;
- A souvenir volunteer T-shirt; and
- A fun and unique experience!
- A fantastic opportunity to be an integral part of a vibrant event like no other;
- You'll make new friends, gain an insider's perspective, and still have plenty of time to enjoy the festivities;
- Volunteer work is not only personally rewarding - it looks great on your CV and/or can lead to future opportunities.
- Availability across the event dates: 13 - 19 August 2024
- Positive and proactive attitude;
- A basic understanding of and respect for workplace health and safety.
- Site setup / packdown;
- Car park marshalling;
- Box office / ticketing;
- Merchandise sales;
- Errand drivers
NB: please advise if you have a light rigid licence or drivers authority in the relevant skills section of this form (not essential but great to have);
- General hands / runners.
BEFORE YOU APPLY, PLEASE
- Carefully read the requirements;
- If you’re employed, tentatively apply for leave;
- Check you don’t have clashes with study, family, travel commitments etc.
HOW TO IMPRESS
- Previous volunteer experience is wonderful (though not compulsory);
- Flexibility in relation to role type or availability;
- Relevant skills (e.g. customer service, administrative, trade etc.);
*** Please make one application per person ***